Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2016

“I told you to cover up.” #MWTease #MMRomance #amediting Sicario

I got the round one edits for Sicario back from editor yesterday. From her comments, she loved Enzo and Lexan so much she couldn't stop reading and got through the manuscript quicker than she'd planned.

You can imagine how happy her comments made me. *big grin here* Especially since I've had a nasty cold for days. 

So today I bring you a teaser from Sicario. In this scene, it's Lexan's first night on Enzo's ranch. He and Enzo are caught out by a storm so they take shelter in a cabin out on the range. Things are just starting to heat up between them. Enjoy.


Enzo strode across to me, snatched the towel from my hand and looped it around my hips. “I told you to cover up.”
His fingers grazed my skin and my cock stirred. My pulse raced as his scent overwhelmed me. He smelled of the outdoors after a rainy day. I couldn’t help myself. I leaned forward and covered his lips with mine. We’d only just made contact before he pulled back.
“What do you think you’re doing?” His thunderous expression couldn’t mask the layer of heated lust that sparkled in his dark eyes.
I looked down at his mouth and stroked my tongue around the edges of mine. “I wanted to taste you and I have to say, you taste good.”
He shifted away and narrowed his eyes, staring at me with suspicion. “Who the hell are you? Did Delgado send you to set me up?”
Shit! My chest tightened. His words were a little close to the truth. I forced the grin to stay on my face. “What are you talking about?”
Ignoring my question, his gaze swept the large space and he moved the furniture around as if searching for something. After a while, he huffed and walked to the small kitchen at the other end. He lit the single gas stove, filled a kettle with water and set it to boil. Then he opened a cupboard and took out some cans of food.
I wanted to volunteer to help out, but he looked like he wanted to be alone and I thought it was a good idea to give him some breathing space anyway. Especially since he was jumpy about Delgado. I couldn’t afford for him to find out that I knew who Delgado was or that I had links to the man.

BLURB for Sicario: A Novel

Sold by his parents and bred in a lab, Lexan Cesare is trained for one purpose—to execute his boss's orders. In the mafia life, loyalty is everything. Emotions have no place and he never questions the rights or wrongs of the decisions that send him to terminate lives again and again. Until one assignment draws emotions he's never felt before and makes him question his true allegiance.

When a stranger walks into Enzo Mattia ranch in search of a job, his life is changed irrevocably. He is ripped apart from his family and everything he knows. He swears to mete revenge on all who have wronged him.
First he has to escape from his new owner, Lexan, a man who captivates him and makes him want to act on impulses he's suppressed for a long time. Impulses that can lead to death.

With corrupt lawmakers and deadly cartels, the world is in flux. Loyalties shift at the speed of a bullet and betrayal abounds. In the new world falling in love is just a death wish.
This is a full length male/male romantic thriller set on a dystopian earth. 

Sign up for the Book Tour.
Preorder a copy of Sicario: A Novel
Add Sicario: A Novel to Goodreads TBR

Check out my latest book and enter giveaway

I hope you enjoyed the teaser. Leave me a comment and check out these other mid week teasers.



7 comments:

  1. Great snippet, Kai, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! This should be interesting! Great snippet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-oh. Hope he pull this off! Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Enzo's not sure what he wants. Giving him time is best. Nice tease!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous teaser and cover :-) Also love the new blog top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tease!

    ReplyDelete